Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Paraoan Home Tour

I can't believe we've been in our new home for 6 months now! Time sure flies. I've been having so much fun decorating and styling it to match our personality. There's so much that we want to do, but we can't afford to do it all at once... It's okay though. I keep reminding myself that we have plenty of time to make it all happen!

I wanted to share some pictures around our house, all of which have appeared on my Instagram, _disneylin and hashtag #ParaoanResidence.



I absolutely adore this "hello" decal on our front door. It's a small hint to the outside world that they're about to be welcomed into a Disney home, haha. I want to put the Disneyland plaque above the doorbell. I think it's a beautiful welcoming sign to our sanctuary, our happy place. I think it's so important to be able to find peace and solace in your home, something that we were no longer able to do at our condo.
Home Sweet Home


Recreation of Disneyland's plaque
I'm so in love with the fact that we now have a fireplace! I always envisioned having a fireplace and decorating the mantel seasonally. The colors I've chosen for the living room are mostly different shades of gray, white, navy, and turquoise. I can't wait to get new couches. I really love the look of tufted furniture and I've found the perfect set at Baileys. Now I just have to save up so I can get them.


Sean chose his favorite color, red, as the main color theme for our kitchen. It worked out nicely because it was easy to incorporate our favorite Disney characters, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, into our design.





I wanted our bedroom to have a hotel feel to it, so I took the plunge and got a white bed set. I remember hesitating about buying a white set in fear of it getting dirty quickly, but we've never had a problem between washes. I found the set at Target. Someone on Instagram asked me where I got my Disneyland Hotel bedding set and I was a little confused... I found a picture that I took of the hotel room (we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel back in 2015), and low and behold - our bed set looked similar! No wonder I was so drawn to this particular bedding. =)

"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep..."

As far as our master bathroom goes, I went for a spa feeling. I wanted to have a place in our home that I could quickly find serenity and tranquility, especially after a long day. When I think of a spa I think of bamboo, orchids, greens, and blues. I love how it all came together. I have a healthy collection of bath bombs, bath salts, face masks, and hand cut soaps to help set the tone.

I want to clear an area in the bathroom so that I can fit a chair and footstool. Then my vision will be complete!



The next spaces I want to style are the office/craft room as well as the laundry room. The office quickly became one of our "junk rooms" and I've finally mustered up enough energy and determination to clean and organize it. Stay tuned! =)

With love,
-Lin

2 comments:

  1. Your home is beautiful! Thanks for sharing. It's inspiring to see photos of Anchorage homes and know that it's possible to have such style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind comment! :)

    ReplyDelete

In with the new...

I yearned a fresh new beginning, so I created a new blog. Please visit and follow  Lin Loves Life ! With love, -Lin