Thursday, June 1, 2017

Florida 2017 Recap - Part 2

Wednesday | January 25, 2017 | Boarding the Disney Magic

We woke up early, checked out of the BoardWalk, and began our trek to Miami. It took about 3.5 hours to get to our port and we boarded the Disney Magic around 1:30 pm. The crowd level was pretty minimal since we arrived later in the afternoon. It was easy to go to Cabanas and find a table for lunch. The upside of arriving to port later is that there is less waiting. I usually prefer to arrive earlier to have more time to explore.

Stepping on the Disney Magic was such a magical experience. It was the Disney ship that started it all! She's in amazing shape and she's nearly 20 years old.

We stayed in room 7122, which was a Navigator's Verandah stateroom. I LOVED our room and verandah!




The entertainment show for the evening was Twice Charmed | An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story. It is now one of my favorite broadway shows I've seen on Disney Cruises! Dinner was at Animators Palette.

Thursday | January 26, 2017 | Castaway Cay

This was another BEST DAY EVER because it was Castaway Cay day! We ate breakfast at Cabanas and then we boarded off the ship. I always have an amazing time at Castaway Cay, but it was a completely different level of awesomeness on this trip because we had a cabana! We chose Cabana #9 (on the family beach) and I am truly convinced that it has the best view of the ship. I've decided that I want to write a separate blog post about our time there.


Friday | January 27, 2017 | Sea Day

I forgot to take note of what we did on this day and the following day! :(

I do remember that we had a wonderful brunch at Palo though.

I think the live stage show for that evening was Tangled! Tangled is actually one of my favorite Disney movies so it was so cool to see it brought to life. We sat up front and the whole experience was surreal. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's another one of my favorite broadway shows! Of all the Disney ships we sailed on, I think the Disney Magic has the most magical lineup of shows.


Saturday | January 28, 2017 | Key West

We decided to stay aboard the ship and explore while everyone else was out on port.

I remember that we used our spa passes and had the whole place to ourselves. It was so relaxing!

The show for the evening was Disney Dreams - An Enchanted Classic. Since we saw it on the Disney Wonder, we thought about skipping it. On our first day of the cruise they gave us guides that had all of the stage shows in it. I am so glad I looked through it again because the show was slightly different than what is showcased on the Wonder. We went and I loved it even more than the first time I watched it!


Sunday | January 29, 2017 | Debarkation Day

We ate breakfast aboard the ship and then made our journey back towards Orlando. It took us nearly 4 hours to get back to Disney World. For the second half of our Disney World adventure we decided to stay at the Wilderness Lodge. It's such a beautiful property! It reminded me of Alaska. I love the theming.



Monday | January 30, 2017 | Titanic Day

We started our day by eating lunch at Jenn's favorite restaurant, Joe's Crab Shack. Then we went to the Titanic Exhibition. I wasn't expecting much since we've gone to the Las Vegas attraction countless times, but I am so glad we went! We had a tour guide/actor and his story telling ability was amazing. The exhibit has different artifacts than its Vegas counterpart and the coolest part was that we got to touch an actual piece of the Titanic!

Afterwards we went shopping at the Orlando International Premium Outlets and then relaxed the rest of the day.


Tuesday | January 31, 2017 | Shopping Day

This day was a relax and shop day. We went to the Mall of Millenia, Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets, ate at Bahama Breeze for the first time, and hung out by the pool at our hotel.

Wednesday | February 1, 2017 | Trek back to Alaska

We checked out of the Wilderness Lodge and drove to our Disney Vacation Club Home Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge. I felt like we couldn't leave Disney World property without visiting our 2nd home. We went to Jambo House and had lunch at the Mara Cafe. We meandered around the property and took pictures of the savanna.

Then we went to Disney Springs for some last minute shopping at World of Disney and Basin. Sean and I did the Characters in Flight attraction. We rode on the largest tethered helium balloon in the world! After that we ate Fish & Chips at Cookes of Dublin. It was really delicious, almost as good as the Fish & Chips at the UK pavilion in Epcot. After dinner we drove to the airport and departed from Orlando at 6:50 pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

In with the new...

I yearned a fresh new beginning, so I created a new blog. Please visit and follow  Lin Loves Life ! With love, -Lin