Friday, December 23, 2016

Chapter 11 - 2016

Oh my goodness, I just realized that I never wrote a Month in Review for November! I love November because it's the start of the holiday season.
  • We held our Housewarming Party mid-November.
  • I enjoyed a lovely breakfast with Andi, Vicky, and Pennie at South. On the same day I met up with Amanda for Paint Nite at Fat Ptarmigan. We painted sea turtles... I suck at painting animals! I love how the background turned out, but I think my sea turtles actually look like birds swimming. Haha.
  • Home Depot DIY Workshops - I remember one day I scrolled through Instagram and a free workshop class popped up at Home Depot. I thought it looked fun and interesting, so I signed up on a whim. I went with Sean and Vicky and we learned how to make a Christmas Tree Holiday Pallet Decoration. I later learned that it was a "Do It Herself" workshop and they do it the 3rd Thursday of every month. They include the material and also let you use their tools. It sparked a newfound hobby for me! That same weekend Kathy and I attended a DIY workshop. A craftsman met us and he showed us how to make a DIY Holiday Stocking Holder. Since we attended the workshop we were eligible for a discount to purchase our materials to make our own. I love how mine turned out! I'm actually using mine as a coat rack and I'm also in the process of making a taller one so I can put it in our bedroom to hang robes and clothes.
  • We booked our FastPasses for Disney World!
  • We hosted Thanksgiving at our house. It was awesome, especially since it was our first time hosting for a holiday. We had so much food! Sean and I made bacon wrapped smokies, ham, a cheese fondue skillet dip, a green bean casserole, and a keilbasa sausage with cheese platter. My family brought everything else - turkey, lumpia, pancit, mashed potatoes, and a few other dishes.
  • My 4.5 day Thanksgiving weekend was great. I did lots of relaxing and lots of shopping, mostly of which was done online. My favorite Black Friday/Cyber Monday finds - network printer, wireless bluetooth speakers, tools from Lowes (I got a sander and we got a new drill since our old one was nearly dying), clothes from Torrid.
 Movies
  • Moana - I patiently waited for this movie for what seemed like forever! It did not disappoint :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

In with the new...

I yearned a fresh new beginning, so I created a new blog. Please visit and follow  Lin Loves Life ! With love, -Lin