Thursday, January 5, 2017

Year in Review 2016




My 2016 was incredible! I wish I could have posted this in time (before 2017 started), but I didn't want to rush and forget something.
  1. 29th birthday Hawaii trip
    • Kauai - Allerton Garden, Waimea canyon, sunsets, sunrises, Kalalau Lookout
    • Oahu - Aulani, Kualoa Ranch, Dole Plantation (we beat our previous time at the pineapple maze!), saw Orion Nebula and Andromeda Galaxy
  2. This was my lucky year! I won an iPad at work for writing a paper about the importance of work attendance, Sean and I were KTUU's Valentine's couple of the year, I won an Orbitz Key Ring for completing a survey on Facebook
  3. Sean and I stayed at Hotel Captain Cook for the first time and say Recycled Percussion
  4. I participated in a volunteer event through Junior Achievement at Abbott Loop Elementary
  5. California adventure with Sean, Jenn, Boom, and Bella
    • Many "firsts" - Ate at Carthay Circle Restaurant, ate at Cove Bar and finally tried the infamous lobster nachos, Sailed on the Disney Wonder, went to San Francisco (Muir Woods, Walt Disney Family Museum, Pier 39), rode on the subway, went to Vancouver, BC. Went to Steveston aka Storybrooke!
  6. Enjoyed the great outdoors
    • Seward day trip - hiked Exit Glacier!
    • Thunderbird Falls for the first time
    • Trail of Blue Ice
  7. We sold our condo and bought a new house
  8. Family Hawaii trip
    • Kailua, Aulani, Kualoa Ranch, quality family time
  9. Friendcation with Amanda in Alyeska
  10. Disney in Concert - A Silly Symphony Celebration
  11. Las Vegas - IKEA and Hobby Lobby shopping sprees, Melting Pot anniversary dinner, hanging out with Sean's family
  12. Housewarming party
  13. Monthly girlfriend events
  14. Countless Paint Nites
    • I really tapped into my creative side this year! I even invested in paint supplies and enjoy painting at home from time to time
  15. Watched so many good movies this year... Here are my favorites
    • Deadpool
    • Zootopia
    • Captain America: Civil War
    • Central Intelligence
    • Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates
    • Pete's Dragon
    • Keeping Up With The Joneses
    • Moana
    • Rogue 1
  16. I also started watching a few memorable shows
    • Game of Thrones
    • Stranger Things
    • Man With a Plan
    • Kevin Can Wait 
  17. I read 2 books (I feel so lame that I only finished 2!)
    • The Selection and The Elite
  18. One of my 2016 New Year Resolutions was to recycle. I am so happy and proud that it is engraved in my heart and brain to do it
  19. Sean and I were finally able to attend a Marriage Encounter. I love investing in our marriage, thankful that we got to experience it
  20. Alaska State Fair - this makes the list yearly, hehe
  21. I finally got a Cricut and slowly honing my skills using it 
  22. We adopted Lucy, a basset hound
  23. Sean and I went on a"first date" - dinner at Sea Galley's and drove to Portage Glacier. We weren't able to do it the past few year since we were always out of town on the date, so I was happy we were able to relive the memory
  24. We hosted Thanksgiving and Christmas. First time ever hosting and it made it them even more memorable that we got to celebrate them in our new home


No comments:

Post a Comment

In with the new...

I yearned a fresh new beginning, so I created a new blog. Please visit and follow  Lin Loves Life ! With love, -Lin