Sunday, June 4, 2017

Chapter 5 - 2017

May is a blur!

  • Rabbit Creek Rifle Range Clean Up Day - Sean and I helped clean the gun range. In return we received complimentary annual passes! We like going to this range because they also have an archery range. 
  • Anchorage Market & Festival - One of my favorite summer traditions is going to the downtown weekend market. Sean and I always go on the first day to kick things off. My favorite new item we tried was halibut poppers, aka halibut egg rolls. They were so good!
  • My brother got into a motorcycle accident :( I am so thankful to God that he is okay. He is still recovering from his injuries.
  • Sean turned 29 & Jenn turned 28
  • Fence - Yay for house projects! We now have a fence! Next year we plan to extend our deck and get gutters installed. 
  • Seattle - I went to Seattle for the first time! I went down with Vicky and her friends to celebrate her 28th birthday. I'll write a separate blog post about our trip.
  • Juneau - I went to Juneau for a workation immediately after Seattle (arrived at 11 pm on Monday night and was back at the airport at 6:30 am to depart for Juneau!). I was there for 2 nights and managed to get some sightseeing in. I went to the Mendenhall Glacier, the Shrine of St Therese, and Sandy Beach. I tried to go to downtown Juneau, but I couldn't find parking and I kid you not - there were so many tourists there it felt like I was driving through the Strip in Las Vegas! Haha. The Disney Wonder arrived at the port a day after I left, so I was a little bummed that I didn't get to see that beautiful ship "home."  
Movies
  • Guardians of the Galaxy was AWESOME!
  • Baywatch was funny. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either.
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales was okay. I think I had too high of expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In with the new...

I yearned a fresh new beginning, so I created a new blog. Please visit and follow  Lin Loves Life ! With love, -Lin