Saturday, July 1, 2017

Meltproof Makeup

I recently went to Arizona for a family reunion. It was a toasty 118 degrees on one of the days! I'll write about the trip later. I brought waterproof eyeliner, highlighter, and makeup setting spray. All of that melted off. I also brought along 2 holy grail products that stayed put all day. This post is dedicated to them!

If you're looking for meltproof makeup, I recommend the following products:

Brow Colour by ColourPop $6


This stuff did not budge at all! The best part is that it's only $6. I used to be a faithful Benefit Ka-Brow user, but not anymore.

Lipsense $25 (Color) + Gloss



You can't purchase LipSense through Senegence directly, you have to go through a distributor (or are they called consultants?! I can't keep up). I was honestly really hesitant about LipSense. First off, their website looks ancient and desperately needs an overhaul. Second, the product packaging themselves look like they are stuck in the 90s. You know why there's a bunch of these Facebook groups selling this shit? BECAUSE IT ACTUALLY WORKS. And it works really well, too!

The downside is that they're expensive ($25 for JUST the color and you have to buy their branded gloss to keep the color going throughout the day). They narrowed their color list to just 36, which I think is a good and bad thing. The application of the product is tedious and feels like an eternity to put on, however once it's on it's stays forever until you remove it with glycerin soap.

My LipSense color lasts through cups of coffee, lasts through eating, and lasts against the heat. All the hype around the product is indeed worth it.

I've tried multiple "long lasting" lip products and none of them come close to LipSense.

What waterproof/meltproof makeup do you recommend?! I just recently bought an eyeliner by Kat Von D that a girlfriend recommended, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll be seeing how well it lasts in the California sun soon!

With love,
-Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment

In with the new...

I yearned a fresh new beginning, so I created a new blog. Please visit and follow  Lin Loves Life ! With love, -Lin