Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Anniversary Trip - Vegas 2016


Sean and I went to Las Vegas to celebrate our anniversary. We went from October 29 - November 3, 2016. We thought it would be perfect to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary (and 8 years together) where we exchanged our vows. It was a lovely quick getaway! Plus, we coordinated to meet up with his mom and her boyfriend (now fiance!). We got to spend lots of much needed quality time with his family.

Saturday - October 29, 2016

We arrived to Vegas at 9:15 am. We picked up our car rental and we headed to our traditional joint to pick up our first Vegas meal... In-N-Out! Delicious as always. We even shopped at their little gift shop on the property. Afterward we picked up bottled water and other snacks at Smiths.

We checked into our hotel, The Cancun. The room we had was spacious, but that's about the only nice thing I can say about that place. I don't recommend staying there for several reasons, but the first reason is because of their high pressure sales tactics to purchase into their unimpressive timeshare. Anyways, since our room wasn't ready yet we went to the North Premium Outlets. Outlet malls are always a hit or miss for me... Sometimes I find a ton of stuff I want and other times I don't find anything I want. On this occasion it was definitely the former!

After shopping we went back to our hotel and got settled in. We got ready for dinner and met up with Sean's family at Bootlegger Bistro. They have amazing Italian food and live music! After dinner Sean and I checked out the South Premium Outlets before retreating to our hotel.

Sunday - October 30, 2016

We did a lot of shopping on this day! Sean and I started our day by enjoying lunch at Pinoy Pinay. I love me some inexpensive Filipino food! Afterward we went shopping at Tokyo Discount. I found a lot of cool candies from Japan. Then we went to the Galleria Mall followed by Nordstrom Rack, followed by the main event - IKEA! The last time we were in Vegas (May 2015), they were still building that location. I was so excited to go, especially since we have our new house to fill up. We also ate at their cafeteria for the first time.

After our shopping adventure at IKEA, we met up with Sean's mom and Tyler for dinner at Kumi Japanese at the Mandalay Bay. They have some really delicious sushi rolls. We hung out with them for a while and then Sean and I decided to head to Ceasar's Palace. I had "Frozen Hot Chocolate" on my Vegas To Eat List and I was completely heartbroken when I realized Serendipity 3 was closed for the evening. Meh, there's always next time! We went to Bellagio to check out the Conservatory. It's one of my favorite things to do in Vegas. I love checking out how they transform it seasonally. Amazing. We watched the last Fountains of Bellagio show for the evening and then ended our evening with In-N-Out.

Monday - October 31, 2016

Yay, Happy Halloween! We started our day by shopping at Seafood City. We found the perfect large soup bowls for our new home. We ate lunch at Sura BBQ. I wish Anchorage had a DIY Korean BBQ joint! After Korean BBQ we went to Hobby Lobby. It was my first time there, and man... I was in heaven. I had no idea what to expect, but it's basically like Michael's except 10 times better! After my little shopping spree at Hobby Lobby we went to the Fashion Show Mall. I went there mainly for Macy's and found several clothes from the clearance section. Score!

We picked up Sean's mom and Tyler from Luxor and headed to Sean's uncle's house. The kids went trick or treating so his uncle manned the house to pass out candy. When his aunt and cousins came back we ate a late dinner at Pho Kim Long. Yum!

Tuesday - November 1, 2016

Woohoo, our anniversary! We woke up early and took pictures with the iconic Vegas sign. We went early so we could beat the crowds. Then we went to the Flamingo, where we got married. We took lots of pictures, especially at the gazebo where our ceremony took place. We had breakfast at Chayo, a Mexican eatery at the Linq shopping district. We walked to Treasure Island and checked out the Marvel Avenger Station. The experience was a lot of fun! I'm a big fan of Agents of SHIELD so it was great pretending to be a SHIELD agent. I liked that we could take pictures within the attraction.

After the Marvel Avenger Station we got some gelato from Amorino. They make pretty gelato roses! We walked to the ABC Store and then went into the Coca Cola store. Sean and I always love doing ordering the trays to try sodas around the world. He ordered us the Combo so we tried the sodas as well as the soda floats. It was totally sugar overload! LOL. We also checked out the M&M Store. It's pretty much tradition to hit up those two stores. We walked back to the Flamingo (where we parked) and before we left we ate a yummy lunch at Gordon Ramsey's Fish & Chips. OMG, it was one of the best fish & chip meals I've ever had in my life!

We went to Trader Joe's and I stocked up on my usual Cookie Butter and several other snacks to bring back home. We went back to the hotel to wind down for a little bit and then got ready for dinner. We enjoyed our anniversary dinner at The Melting Pot. It was so romantic and we enjoyed the food and service. After dinner we went back to the hotel and packed since our flight was leaving the following day.

Wednesday - November 2, 2016

Sean and I ate our last Vegas meal at In-N-Out. Haha, I can't believe we ate there 3 times in 5 days! What can I say? The food is delicious, fresh AND priced beautifully. Can't beat that! After that we headed to the airport to embark on our journey back home. <3

Our trip was short, but we definitely filled it up with lots of awesome memories! I wish we could have stayed another night or two (okay, maybe even 3!). Something I really wanted to do was to drive to Zion or Bryce. As the saying goes, there's always next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

In with the new...

I yearned a fresh new beginning, so I created a new blog. Please visit and follow  Lin Loves Life ! With love, -Lin