Monday, February 6, 2017

Chapter 1 - 2017

The first month of 2017 flew by us already! I hope your first month of the year was amazing.
  • Rang in the new year with my family. On New Year's day, Sean and I met up with our friends for a late Friendsmas gathering. We went to Double Shovel Cider Company and enjoyed some delicious drinks. The Sugarhouse Waffles food truck was conveniently parked there, so we got to indulge in some sugary goodness. We ended up going to CamTu's house to continue our event. We did a gift exchange and I snagged some Lush goodies. I made fun of Sean for buying a big 25 pound bag of Jasmine rice from Costco to bring to the exchange, but it ended up being a hot item! Hahaha. Sean snagged Olaf. He handsomely chills in our living room, hehe.
  • We put away all of our Christmas decorations on January 7. I like leaving ours up until at least the Epiphany. The "12 Days of Christmas" starts on Christmas day, and I enjoy coming to a cheery and bright home... Especially during Alaska's darkest months.
  • I got to hang out with my best friend (since 7th grade!), Claire. We hardly get to see each other, but when we do it feels like the good old days. She gave me an art piece by Noah that I was dying to have! It's Mickey & Minnie on the beach. 
  • Sean and I went to Alaska Dispatch News' first "Best of Alaska" event. It was really neat! It kind of reminded me of the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot. We got "passports" and sampled food and drinks from different eateries. I hope they do the event next year again.
  • January was the best birthday month ever. I know some people were probably confused by all my random birthday posts long before my birthday, but I started celebrating early since I wasn't going to be in town on my actual birthday. And lets face it - turning 30 is a big event that is meant to be celebrated ostentatiously. 
    • My awesome coworkers decorated my wall space and got me a Starbucks gift card.
    •  I had a birthday party at home with my closest friends. Sean got me a strawberry cake from Charlie's Bakery for dessert and it was absolutely divine. 
    • We went on a 2 week Disney World & Disney Cruise adventure that I can't wait to start writing about.
Movies

La La Land - I loved this movie! I wish the ending was a little different, but I may be one of the few people that feels this way since I haven't heard anyone mention the same thought. Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone are amazing. They are one of those movie couples that I wish were together in real life, haha!

There were other movies I really wanted to see, like Hidden Figures, but we didn't get around to seeing them since January was so hectic and we were gone half the month. I look forward to seeing them later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

In with the new...

I yearned a fresh new beginning, so I created a new blog. Please visit and follow  Lin Loves Life ! With love, -Lin